PART 2 – THE LOVERS PRACTICAL EXERCISES
Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
It’s springtime and love is in the air
May this fresh lily of the valley bit bring you love, harmony and good luck
The Lovers is the seventh letter of the tarot alphabet
After the numberless Fool (first letter), the Magician arcanum #1 (second letter), the High Priestess #2 (third letter) and the Empress#3 (fourth letter), the Emperor #4 (fifth letter), the High Priest #5 (sixth letter), the Lovers #6 is the seventh letter of the tarot alphabet.
Let’s now move to the “Lovers” awareness exercises, for which as usual it is recommended to indicate the date, location and mood. Beware of your inner Devil (Arcanum 15), as he does not want you to gain a greater awareness. He will try to derail you from your positive intent. He knows how to tempt you away from the right path. Always be stronger. The most exciting journey of your life has just begun. Enjoy!!
Day 1 – Express your emotions (Inner child coloring)
Coloring calls your emotional power. Remember when you were a child, you would make designs without thinking. Let’s reconnect with that inner child. Click, download and print the full page Lovers (TDM “Lamoureux”) black and white image below.
Color the image using color pencils, markers, paints or digital tools, whichever works better for you. There is no right or wrong coloring way, though validating your inner child expression has a positive therapeutic effect. When done, relax and take the time to answer the following questions.
(1) What is your design dominant color? (2) What feelings does that color evoke in you? (3) What colors did you use for the sun rays, the four characters hair, their clothes, etc…? Did you left any part of the image without color? (4) Compare your colors with the original arcanum. What feelings those colors differences evoke in you? (5) When coloring, did any character resonated more than the others in you? Be specific, (6) What current part in your life would benefit from a greater surrendering of your heart? (7) What expectations are you anticipating from a greater heart opening? (8) What resistances are you experiencing? (9) Do you trust your inner ability to bring the best out of your soulmate? (10) Is there anything in your life that you can relate to any character symbolism? (11) Is that inner character evoking more a solution or a problem in you? (12) In what way is that inner character marking this week, this month and this year?
Day 2 – Awaken your intuition (Observing more symbols)
(1) What symbols did you observed when coloring, besides those mentioned earlier, such as (a) the arcanum name (“Lamoureux” is singular for lover, while the “Lovers” is plural), (b) then which one of the four is the lover, (c) in what direction does each character look, (d) his red shoes, (e) the four flower design in the young woman hair, (f) the background colors and shapes behind the characters, etc…? (2) What would those symbols mean for you? (3) Would you have added to or subtracted symbols from the design?
Day 3 – Stimulate your inspiration (Internet browsing)
There is an endless source of information online about Lovers, Cupid, Adam and Eve, Goddesses Hera, Aphrodite, Athena and Prince Paris symbols. These days astrology, tarology and mythology have become of mainstream interest. We encourage you to navigate the web and seek more information about their symbolic meanings. Astro Tarology is not interested in fortune tellers websites. Your intuition will help you sorting out the reliable websites with professional content from the superficial ones. Our purpose is to provide you with a “GPS for your soul” to gain true personal growth insights and increase your awareness. You will find other honest astrologers and tarologers online. Gain inspiration from their presentations to complement what you are learning here which is innovative in more ways than one.
(1) What inspiration did you gain from the browsing? (2) Was any finding useful? (3) In what way did it correlate to this blog content?
Day 4 – Invoke your active imagination (Carl Jung creative technique)
Sit or lay down comfortably, relax and take a deep breath. You are about to embark on a fantasy tour to an Italian restaurant. Imagine Casal and Cuddle, Disney famous love dogs, as the lovers. Imagine that you are their best friend. You are now standing next to Tony the accordionist as he is serenading with love music the couple who is kissing with pasta. You are now feeling their union in your heart. Leaving now the lovers alone when the music is pausing, you are sharing your feelings with Tony.
(1) What were your feelings about Casal and Cuddle? (2) Do you remember them in detail? (3) What did you feel from each dog behavior? (4) How did you feel about each dog relating to the other and to their relationship? (5) Did you shared with Tony what would be your message to each of them? (6) And what you would expect their reactions to be? (7) Did they look like a couple made in heaven? (8) Did anything relate to your own life? (9) If yes, be specific.
By the way, while we are in fantasy world, do you remember your dreams (the royal road to your personal symbols dictionary)? If yes, do you keep a dream journal? If you don’t, it is like keeping a best friend letter unopened. Start tomorrow morning right after waking up. After that why not asking yourself how would your inner “Lovers” mark your day?
Become more and more attuned with your inner “Lovers”. For instance, you can ritualize the relationship in your daily life by visualizing your colored design in your mind at any time, carrying it with you, holding it against your heart or putting it under your pillow. You can do the same with the “Lovers” card if you own a tarot deck.
Day 5 – Increase your level of consciousness (Personal memories and reflections)
(1) What is the importance of relationship in your life? (2) In what relationship are you currently involved? (3) How is your emotional life doing? (4) Are you in harmony or conflict? (5) Are you usually doing what you like? (6) Is any ongoing relationship issue connected with your past? (7) Are you spending some time in introspection? (8) Do you occasionally explore the unknown? (9) What do you believe is the meaning of your life? (10) How can your inner “Lovers” help you now?
When you are about to use your relationship feelings, listen to your inner “Lovers”. They will hold your hand during the entire initiation journey. Trust their support to give your loving heart the self-confidence on the spiritual path to your happiness and awareness.
Is everything you learned in this post clear in your head and heart? Do not hesitate to ask or make a comment in the reply box below. The next arcanum will be about the Conquering CHARIOT in you and will be presented in the same format. Between now and then practice regularly the above exercises to add more insights about your inner “Lovers”. Similarly to becoming a talented musician, “practice, practice, practice” is key.
Click on 1 for the LOVERS Symbolism