PART 2 – THE HIGH PRIEST PRACTICAL EXERCISES
-Arthur C. Clarke
Bow (human strength extension) and arrows (links from earth to sky) symbols are common to Centaurs (mythic creatures) and Sagittarius (zodiac sign). Like the High Priest, the amazing pictured archer is teaching us how to stay calm and focused in order to gain inner self-mastery.
The archer athlete embodies the spirit of Greek Goddess Artemis (Romans Diana). Daughter of Zeus and Leto and twin sister of Apollo, Artemis was the queen of mountains, forests and hunting (earth). She was also the protector of young children and animals (life spirit). In the painting, Artemis is represented with angel wings associated with the Goddess divine role.
The High Priest is the sixth letter of the tarot alphabet
After the numberless Fool (first letter), the Magician arcanum #1 (second letter), the High Priestess #2 (third letter) and the Empress#3 (fourth letter), the Emperor #4 (fifth letter), the High Priest is the sixth letter of the tarot alphabet.
Let’s now move to the High Priest awareness exercises, for which as usual it is recommended to indicate the date, location and mood. Beware of your inner Devil (Arcanum 15), as he does not want you to gain a greater awareness. He will try to derail you from your positive intent. He knows how to tempt you away from the right path. Always be stronger. The most exciting journey of your life has just begun. Enjoy!!
Day 1 – Express your emotions (Inner child coloring)
Coloring calls your emotional power. Remember when you were a child, you would make designs without thinking. Let’s reconnect with that inner child. Click, download and print the full page High Priest (TDM “Le Pape”) black and white image below.
Color the image using color pencils, markers, paints or digital tools if you are so inclined. There is no right or wrong coloring way, though validating your inner child expression has a positive therapeutic effect. When done, relax and take the time to answer the following questions.
(1) What is your design dominant color? (2) What feelings does that color evoke in you? (3) What colors did you use for the Pope face, his beard, his hands, his scepter, his throne and his two disciples? (4) What feelings those colors evoke in you? (5) Did the Pope figure resonated in you when coloring? Be specific, (6) What current activity in your life would benefit from surrendering more of your inner love? (7) Are you confident in your inner loving power? (8) What expectations are you anticipating from a greater heart opening? (9) What resistances are you experiencing? (10) Is there anything in your life that you can relate to the High Priest symbolism? (11) Is the High Priest evoking more a solution or a problem in you? (12) In what way is your inner High Priest marking this week, this month and this year?
Day 2 – Awaken your intuition (Observing more symbols)
(1) What symbols did you observed when coloring (such as those mentioned earlier as well as the small designs in each tiara tier, the two disciples tonsures rotating in opposite directions, the Pope looking in the right disciple direction, the Pope’s scepter touching that disciple head, below the left disciple left hand there is a ring-shaped object, while next to the right disciple left hand there is a curvy-shaped object, etc…)? (2) What would they mean for you? (3) Would you have added to or subtracted symbols from the design?
Day 3 – Stimulate your inspiration (Internet browsing)
There is an endless source of information online about the Pope, High Priest, Centaurs and Chiron symbols. These days astrology, tarology and mythology have become of mainstream interest. We encourage you to navigate the web and seek more information about their symbolic meanings. Astro Tarology is not interested in fortune tellers websites. Your intuition will help you sorting out the reliable websites with professional content from the superficial ones. Our purpose is to provide you with tools to gain true personal growth insights and increase your awareness. You will find other honest astrologers and tarologers online. Gain inspiration from their presentations to complement what you are learning here which is innovative in more ways than one.
(1) What inspiration did you gain from the browsing? (2) Was any finding useful? (3) In what way did it correlate to this blog content?
Day 4 – Invoke your active imagination (Carl Jung creative technique)
Sit or lay down comfortably, relax and take a deep breath. You are about to embark on a fantasy tour. Imagine Brother Bear as the High Priest. Imagine that you are Bear’s best friend. You are now standing next to him as he is about to preach the good word to his two disciples.
(1) Imagine the conversation and record your impressions. (2) Do you remember the details? (3) Who started the conversation? (4) What was the first thing being said? (5) What was your message to him? (6) What was his reaction? (7) Does he look capable to teach divine messages? (8) Is he ready to lead a congregation or does he need encouragements? (9) In your conversation, did anything relate to your own life? (10) If yes, be specific.
By the way, do you remember your dreams (the royal road to your personal symbols dictionary)? If yes, do you keep a dream journal? If you don’t, it is like keeping a best friend letter unopened. Start tomorrow morning right after waking up. After that why not asking yourself how would your inner High Priest mark your day?
Become more and more attuned with your inner High Priest. For instance, you can ritualize the relationship in your daily life by visualizing your colored design in your mind at any time, carrying it with you, holding it against your heart or putting it under your pillow. You can do the same with the High Priest card if you own a tarot deck.
Day 5 – Increase your level of consciousness (Personal memories and reflections)
(1) What is the importance of religious faith in your life? (2) Are you following any tradition’s laws ? (3) What life rules have you learned? (4) Are you communicating them to others?, (5) Do you have an ideal? (6) Are you spending some time in introspecting your self? (7) Are you mediating opposites or are you always making choices? (8) Do you occasionally explore the unknown? (9) What do you believe is the meaning of life? (10) What is the meaning of your life? (11) How important is God for you? (12) How can your inner High Priest help you now?
When you are about to use your connecting abilities, listen to your inner High Priest. He will hold your hand during the entire initiation journey. Trust his support to give your loving heart the self-confidence on the spiritual path to your happiness and awareness.
Is everything you learned in this post clear in your head and heart? Do not hesitate to ask or make a comment in the reply box below. The next arcanum will be about the Feeling LOVERS in you and will be presented in the same format. Between now and then practice regularly the above exercises to add more insights about your inner High Priest. Similarly to becoming a talented musician, “practice, practice, practice” is key.
Click on 1 for the HIGH PRIEST Symbolism