PART 2 – THE EMPEROR PRACTICAL EXERCISES
On today’s US political scene, Donald Trump presents himself as the US nation savior, which relates directly to the Emperor archetype. In a previous post, we identified Trump as an ego-maniac associated with the Magician symbol, but were questioning his Emperor abilities to become the next US President. Does Trump have a strong or a weak ego? Is he the self-confident leader seeking to guide the nation with integrity or an insecure dictator seeking a self-serving ego validation?
Let’s compare Trump personality with the Emperor criteria previously described. Is Trump (1) ready to act in the world with strength, authority and self-confidence, (2) a leader who will provides the nation with protection, stability and security, (3) embodying a father figure of legal, moral, ethical and spiritual integrity and (4) expressing his identity and live his own life regardless of others’ opinion?
Answering these questions will give an honest evaluation of Trump association with the Emperor archetype and his ability to become a good choice for the US Presidency. The answers, subjective by nature, will cover the full spectrum of ratios between 100% “yes” to 100% “no”. Each opinion will own a part of the truth and is welcome to be presented in the comment box below.
The Emperor is the fifth letter of the tarot alphabet
After the numberless Fool (first letter), the Magician arcanum #1 (second letter), the High Priestess #2 (third letter) and the Empress #3 (fourth letter), the Emperor #4 is the fifth letter of the tarot alphabet.
Let’s now move to the Emperor awareness exercises, for which as usual it is recommended to indicate the date, location and mood. Beware of your inner Devil (Arcanum 15), as he does not want you to gain a greater awareness. He will try to derail you from your positive intent. He knows how to tempt you away from the right path. Always be stronger. The most exciting journey of your life has just begun. Enjoy!!
Day 1 – Express your emotions (Inner child coloring)
Coloring calls your emotional power. Remember when you were a child, you would make designs without thinking. Let’s reconnect with that inner child. Click, download and print the full page Emperor (TDM “L’Empereur”) black and white image below.
Color the image using color pencils, markers, paints or digital tools if you are so inclined. There is no right or wrong coloring way, though validating your inner child expression has a positive therapeutic effect. When done, relax and take the time to answer the following questions.
(1) What is your design dominant color? (2) What feelings does that color evoke in you? (3) What colors did you use for his face, his beard, his hands, his shield and his throne? (4) What feelings those colors evoke in you? (5) Did the father myth of Zeus resonated in you when coloring? Be specific, (6) What current activity in your life would benefit from your inner strength? (7) Are you confident in your fighting power? (8) What expectations are you anticipating in a conflict? (9) Are you a control freak? (10) Is there anything in your life that you can relate to the Emperor symbolism? (11) Was the Emperor evoking more a solution or a problem in you? (12) In what way is your inner Emperor marking this week, this month and this year?
Day 2 – Awaken your intuition (Observing more symbols)
(1) What symbols did you observed when coloring (such as those mentioned earlier as well as his left hand holding a double belt, his Fool shoes, the three different ground shapes, etc…)? (2) What would they mean for you? (3) Would you have added to or subtracted symbols from the design?
Day 3 – Stimulate your inspiration (Internet browsing)
There is an endless source of information online about the Emperor, Leo, Sun, Zeus, Mars and Ares symbols. These days astrology, tarology and mythology have become of mainstream interest. We encourage you to navigate the web and seek more information about their symbolic meanings. Astro Tarology is not interested in fortune tellers websites. Your intuition will help you sorting out the reliable websites with professional content from the superficial ones. Our purpose is to provide you with tools to gain true personal growth insights and increase your awareness. You will find other honest astrologers and tarologers online. Gain inspiration from their presentations to complement what you are learning here which is innovative in more ways than one.
(1) What inspiration did you gain from the browsing? (2) Was any finding useful? (3) In what way did it correlate to this blog content?
Day 4 – Invoke your active imagination (Carl Jung creative technique)
Sit or lay down comfortably, relax and take a deep breath. You are about to embark on a fantasy tour. Imagine Donald Duck as the Emperor. Imagine that you are Donald’s best friend. You are now standing next to him as he is about to express his authority.
(1) Imagine the conversation and record your impressions. (2) Do you remember the details? (3) Who started the conversation? (4) What was the first thing being said? (5) What was your message to him? (6) What was his reaction? (7) Does he look capable to rule? (8) Is he ready to lead or does he need encouragements? (9) In your conversation, did anything relate to your own life? (10) If yes, be specific.
By the way, do you remember your dreams (the royal road to your personal symbols dictionary)? If yes, do you keep a dream journal? If you don’t, it is like keeping a best friend letter unopened. Start tomorrow morning right after waking up. After that why not asking yourself how would your inner Emperor mark your day?
Become more and more attuned with your inner Emperor. For instance, you can ritualize the relationship in your daily life by visualizing your colored design in your mind at any time, carrying it with you, holding it against your heart or putting it under your pillow. You can do the same with the Emperor card if you own a tarot deck.
Day 5 – Increase your level of consciousness (Personal memories and reflections)
(1) What is your connection with the notion of power? (2) What are you working on these days? (3) Is your material life satisfying? (4) Are you happy with your work? (5) What is your relation with your father? (6) Are you in charge of your destiny or do you feel that your life is predestined? (7) Are you comfortable with your sense of authority? (8) Are you comfortable with others authority? (9) Is security more important than freedom for you? (10) Are other people’s opinion influencing your behavior? (11) How important is power for you? (12) How can the Emperor help you now?
When you are about to use your commanding abilities, listen to your inner Emperor. He will hold your hand during the entire conquest period. Trust his support in giving you strength, courage and self-confidence on the path to your happiness and awareness.
Is everything you learned in this post clear in your head and heart? Do not hesitate to ask or make a comment in the reply box below. The next arcanum will be about the Mediating HIGH PRIEST in you and will be presented in the same format. Between now and then practice regularly the above exercises to add more insights about your inner Emperor. Similarly to becoming a talented musician, “practice, practice, practice” is key.
Click on 1 for the EMPEROR Symbolism