PART 2 – EMPRESS PRACTICAL EXERCISES
It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. -Voltaire
The Empress is the fourth letter of the tarot alphabet
After the numberless Fool (first letter) and the Magician’s arcanum number 1 (second letter) and the High Priestess number 2 (third letter), the Empress is the fourth letter. In our modern days, there is nobody better than Princess Diana to illustrate the Empress archetype. A legend in her own time, she fascinated the entire world and will always be remembered for her imperial seduction, love and beauty.
Regardless whether you are a woman or a man, learning that letter will help you gaining a greater awareness of your inner Empress. When it comes to exploring one’s soul, all arcana are androgyne and yes all men have also the ability to use their Empress power of seduction.
For all exercises, it is recommended to indicate the date, location and mood. Beware of your inner Devil (Arcanum 15), as he does not want you to gain a greater awareness. He will try to derail you from your positive intent. He knows how to tempt you away from the right path. Always be stronger. The most exciting journey of your life has just begun. Enjoy!!
Day 1 – Express your emotions (Inner child coloring)
Coloring calls your emotional power. Remember when you were a child, you would make designs without thinking. Let’s reconnect with that inner child. Click, download and print the full page Empress (TDM “L’impératrice”) black and white image below.
Color the image using color pencils, markers, paints or digital tools if you are so inclined. There is no right or wrong coloring way, though validating your inner child expression has a positive therapeutic effect. When done, relax and take the time to answer the following questions.
(1) What is your design dominant color? (2) What feelings does that color evoke in you? (3) What colors did you use for her face, her hands, her shield and her throne? (4) What feelings those colors evoke in you? (5) Did the myth of Demeter resonated in you when coloring? Be specific, (6) What current activity in your life would benefit from your charm? (7) Are you self-confident in your seduction power? (8) What expectations are you anticipating? (9) Do you enjoy earthy pleasures? (10) Is there anything in your life that you can relate to the Empress symbolism? (11) Was the Empress evoking more a solution or a problem in you? (12) In what way is your inner Empress marking this week, this month and this year?
Day 2 – Awaken your intuition (Observing more symbols)
(1) What symbols did you observed when coloring (such as those mentioned earlier as well as the little leaf at the scepter base, her Adam’s apple, the little pyramid on her chest, the curvy shape between her knees, etc…)? (2) What would they mean for you? (3) Would you have added to or subtracted symbols from the design?
Day 3 – Stimulate your inspiration (Internet browsing)
There is an endless source of information online about Demeter, Persephone and Venus-Aphrodite. These days astrology, tarology and mythology have become of mainstream interest. We encourage you to navigate the web and seek more information about their symbolic meanings. Astro Tarology is not interested in fortune tellers websites. Your intuition will help you sorting out the reliable websites with professional content from the superficial ones. Our purpose is to provide you with tools to gain true personal growth insights and increase your awareness. You will find other honest astrologers and tarologers online. Gain inspiration from their presentations to complement what you are learning here which is innovative in more ways than one.
(1) What inspiration did you gain from the browsing? (2) Was any finding useful? (3) In what way did it correlate to this blog content?
Day 4 – Invoke your active imagination (Carl Jung creative technique)
Sit or lay down comfortably, relax and take a deep breath. You are about to embark on a fantasy tour. Imagine Daisy Duck as the Empress. Imagine that you are Daisy’s best friend. You are now standing next to her as she is about to start to experience her new seduction power.
(1) Imagine the conversation and record your impressions. (2) Do you remember the details? (3) Who started the conversation? (4) What was the first thing being said? (5) What was your message to her? (6) What was her reaction? (7) Does she look controlled or impulsive? (8) Is she ready or does she need encouragements? (9) In your conversation, did anything relate to your own life? (10) If yes, be specific.
By the way, do you remember your dreams (the royal road to your personal symbols dictionary)? If yes, do you keep a dream journal? If you don’t, it is like keeping a best friend letter unopened. Start tomorrow morning right after waking up. After that why not asking yourself how would the Empress mark your day?
Become more and more attuned with your inner Empress. For instance, you can ritualize the relationship in your daily life by visualizing your colored design in your mind at any time, carrying it with you, holding it against your heart or putting it under your pillow. You can do the same with the Empress card if you own a tarot deck.
Day 5 – Increase your level of consciousness (Personal memories and reflections)
(1) What is blossoming in you?, (2) Are you using your seduction power? (3) Are you in a creative mood? (4) Are you looking to be closer to nature or to people or both? (5) Are you more self-conscious or turned towards others? (6) Are you taking good care of yourself? (7) Did your mother take good care of you? (8) Do you have a positive image of your mother? (9) Did you ever had to choose between your mother and your spouse? (10) Are you open to earthy pleasures? (11) How important is beauty for you? (12) How can the Empress help you now?
When you are about to use your charm, listen to your inner Empress. She will hold your hand during the entire seduction period. Trust her support in giving you love, beauty and self-confidence on the path to your happiness and awareness.
Is everything you learned in this post clear in your head and heart? Do not hesitate to ask or make a comment in the reply box below. The next arcanum will be about the Commanding Emperor in you and will be presented in the same format. Between now and then practice regularly the above exercises to add more insights about your inner Empress. Similarly to becoming a talented musician, “practice, practice, practice” is key.
Click on 1 for the EMPRESS Symbolism