PART 2 – PRACTICAL EXERCISES
In the same way that we perceive the tangible world through our five senses (sound, sight, touch, smell and taste), we also perceive the invisible world through five extra-sensorial senses (emotion, intuition, inspiration, imagination and consciousness). For each arcana, following practical exercises will train your five extra-sensorial abilities. Not only will you gain a greater awareness but, unlike other learning approaches, you will also master Astro Tarology without any mental words memorization. Because of its old symbolic richness, we are using the TDM deck for all exercises.
Before playing music we need to learn the notes. Each arcana is like a letter of a new language alphabet. The Fool is the first of the 22 major arcana letters. Learning that letter will help you gaining a greater awareness of your inner Fool. Like for any new language learning, Astro Tarology requires regularity and perseverance. A new arcana will be presented to you regularly. We recommend that you use the interim period to go into each arcana depth. For any exercise, it is recommended to indicate the date, location and mood. It all starts now. Beware of the Devil (Arcana 15), as he does not want you to gain a greater awareness. He will try to derail you from your positive intent. He knows how to tempt you away from the right path. Always be stronger. Enjoy the most exciting journey of your life.
Day 1 – Express your emotions (Inner child coloring)
Coloring is the best alternative to meditation. It allows to express your creative potentials as well as relieve tension and anxiety. It also unlocks childhood memories. Remember your simpler child times when you would make designs without much thinking using mostly your pure emotions. Let’s reconnect with that inner child. Click, download and print the full page TDM Fool (“Le Mat”) black and white image below.
Color the image using color pencils, markers, paints or digital tools if you are so inclined. There is no right or wrong coloring way, though validating your inner child expression has a positive therapeutic effect.
(1) What is your design dominant color? (2) What feelings does that color evoke in you? (3) Does your design bring you exciting feelings of adventure, dreadful emotions of fear, both or neither? (4) Is your inner relationship with the Fool easy or uneasy? (5) Is there anything in your life today that you can relate to the Fool symbolism? (6) Was the Fool evoking a solution or a problem in you?
Day 2 – Awaken your intuition (Observing more symbols)
(1) What new symbols did you observed when coloring (such as the Fool’s beard, the nine bells, the different bell near his hand, the spoon shape at the stick end, the circle over his hair, etc…)? (2) What would they mean for you? (3) Would you have added to or subtracted symbols from the design?
Day 3 – Stimulate your inspiration (Internet browsing)
There is an endless source of information online about tarology and astrology. These days those disciplines have become of mainstream interest. We encourage you to navigate the web and seek information about the Fool. Astro Tarology is not interested in fortune tellers websites. Your intuition will help you sorting out the reliable websites with professional content from the weaker ones. Our purpose is to provide you with tools to gain true personal growth insights and increase your awareness. You will find other honest astrologers and tarologers online. Gain inspiration from their presentations to complement what you are learning here which is innovative in more ways than one.
(1) What inspiration did you gain from the browsing? (2) Was any finding useful? (3) In what way did it correlate to this blog content?
Day 4 – Invoke your active imagination (Carl Jung creative technique)
Sit or lay down comfortably, relax and take a deep breath. You are about to embark on a fantasy tour. Imagine that Pinocchio is the Fool and Jiminy Cricket his loyal dog. Imagine that you are Pinocchio’s best friend. You are now standing next to him as he is on the verge of starting his life journey.
(1) Imagine the conversation and record your impressions. (2) Do you remember the details? (3) Who started the conversation? (4) What was the first thing being said? (5) What was your message to him? (6) What was his reaction? (7) By the way, do you remember your dreams (the royal road to your personal symbols dictionary)?, (8) If yes, do you keep a dream journal? (9) If you don’t, it is like keeping a best friend letter unopened. Start tomorrow morning right after waking up. (10) Become more and more attuned with your inner Fool. For instance, you can ritualize the relationship in your daily life by visualizing your colored design in your mind at any moment, carrying it with you, holding it against your heart or putting it under your pillow. You can do the same with the Fool card if you own a tarot deck.
Day 5 – Increase your level of consciousness (Personal memories and reflections)
(1) What do you need to free yourself from? (2) What is your journey objective? (3) How do you see your path to reach that objective? (4) On what do you need to focus the most? (5) Does the Fool evokes memories of previous risks? (6) Generally do you prefer changes or the status quo? (7) What happen when you find yourself on the verge of an important change, do you jump gladly into the action or do you rather hold back? (8) What are the strengths and limitations in your four life spheres (material, emotional, creative-sexual, intellectual)?
We recommend the reading of the post about the role of a German woman inner Fool after the New Year’s Eve attacks In Cologne.
When you are ready for a new adventure, listen to your inner Fool. He will lead you on the path to unsuspected happiness and awareness levels.
Is everything you learned in this post clear in your head and heart? Do not hesitate to ask or make a comment in the reply box below. The next arcana will be about the Initiating Magician in you and will follow the same format. Between now and then practice regularly the above exercises to add more insights about the Fool in you. Similarly to becoming a superior musician, “practice, practice, practice” is key.
Click on 1 for the FOOL Symbolism